It is a good idea to make paper cutting templates that you want to keep some unique paper cutting patterns for using many times.
It will be a good idea for you to use them around the kids too. The kids can use templates draw by themself on the papers.
In here I will show you how to make a fold and cut snowflake template for your paper cuttings.
Go to the following links below, find the pattern that you would like to cut and keep as a template for future use, print the pattern, they are free to download.
Materials: Scissors, stapler, pencil, printer, cardboard (or index card).
1. After you find the pattern that you would like to make a template, print the pattern, you can also make the pattern bigger or smaller to fit your cutting, cut it out as the pictures show below.
2. Put the pattern on the top of your cardboard or index card
3. Staple the pattern and cardboard together on the parts that you will cut and remove, so the pattern will not move away when you cut it.
4. Use the scissors start to cut the hatched part.
5. The final step is to cut out the outline of the picture
6. This is your paper cutting template. Then use a pencil to mark the center point, so you will not forget the center point
8. Put the template onto your folded paper
9. Then use a pencil to trace the template onto the folded paper
10. Traced the template onto the folded paper and ready to cut.
Watch the video below to learn
how to make a paper cutting template.