How to Make a
Paper Cutting Template
It is a good idea to make paper cutting templates that you want to keep some unique paper cutting patterns for using many times.
It will be a good idea for you to use them around the kids too. The kids can use templates draw by themself on the papers.
In here I will show you how to make a fold and cut snowflake template for your paper cuttings.
After that you will know how to make your own paper cutting templates.
Go to the following links below, find the pattern that you would like to cut and keep as a template for future use, print the pattern, they are free to download.
Let's start to make paper cutting template:
Materials: Scissors, stapler, pencil, printer, cardboard(or index card).
- After you find the pattern that you would like to make a template, print the pattern, you can also make the pattern bigger or smaller to fit your cutting, cut it out as the pictures show below.
- Put the pattern on the top of your cardboard or index card.
- Staple the pattern and cardboard together on the parts that you will cut and remove, so the pattern will not move away when you cut it.
- Use the scossors start to cut the hatched part.
* Always cut the inside part(s), small part(s) first, this will help keep your pattern stay where it is.
- The final step is to cut out the outline of the picture.
- This is your paper cutting template.
- Use the pencil to make a mark at the center point, so you will not forget the center point
Then write the name or number to remind you what this template is, how many sided fold and cut template it is. For example, it is a 6-sided snowflake template, or a 8-sided fold and cut template.
How to Use Your Paper Cuting Template
- Put the template onto your folded paper
* Keep the center point(as you already marked on the template) and the folded paper center in the same direction.
- Then use a pencil to trace the template onto the folded paper.
- The picture below shows after traced the template onto the folded paper.
- Now you can start to use the sissors follow the lines to cut the folded paper.
How to Make a Paper Cutting Template
You can watch the video shown below to learn
how to make a paper cutting template.
From Paper cutting template go to Tong's Paper Cutting Home Page
Go to Butterfly Cross Gifts Online
Go to Paper Cutting Tools And Supplies