How to Make a
Snowflake Paper Cutting
Snowflake (6-sided, or 12 repeats) fold and cut paper cutting, is one of the most popular fold and cut methods that people like to make snowflakes around New Year and winter time.
The snowflake folding method is a little challenge compared to the 4-sided fold and cut, but easier than the 5-sided folding method. In this page I will show you step-by-step how to fold and cut.
Snowflake fold and cut will have 12 layers paper together, so the cutting should be a little bid harder than the 4 sided (8 layers) and 5-sided (10 layers) cuttings.
- The pictures show below to fold the squared paper into triangle shape from the opposite angle follow the dashed line.
- Then fold the paper and make a center mark at the long side of the triangle.
- Then as the pictures show below, try to find the angles which is about 60º, about 1/3 from the center point.
Note: You don't need really to be exact the angle, just need about.
- Fold it again as the pictures show below. (My pictures is kind opposite, sorry about it, but the result still be the same.
- Then fold it from the left to the right.
- Fold it again to the right, they should stay in line.
- After you finish the folding, it should be look like this.
- Find the pattern that you would like to cut, print the pattern as much as many times as you like, they are free to download.
Download Snowflake Fold and Cut Patterns
- After you print the pattern, you can also make the pattern bigger to fit your cutting, cut it out as the picture shows below.
- You can draw the pattern onto your paper, or you can put the pattern on the folded paper.
- Then use a pencil to trace the pattern onto the folded paper.
- Now use the sissors and start cutting your paper. Always cut the inside lines first.
- And then cut the outside line(s) last.
- After you finish the cutting, be careful when you open it, because it can be torn easily.
- Now Enjoy your beautiful snowflake paper-cutting.
How to Make a Snowflake Fold And Cut
Snowflakes (6-Sided Paper) Folding and Cut Patterns
Symmetrical (2-Sided) Fold and Cut Patterns
4-Sided Fold and Cut Patterns
5-Sided Paper Folding and Cut Patterns
8 Sided Fold and Cut Patterns
Chains Paper Cutting Patterns
We love to invite you to
Show Off Your Paper-Cutting Pictures!!
If you or your kids have cut a piece of paper-cutting that you want to share,
everyone would love to know about it!
Go to Tong's Paper Cutting Home Page
Go to Butterfly Cross Gifts Online
Go to Paper Cutting Tools And Supplies