How to Make a
5-Sided Paper Cutting
5-sided (10 repeats) fold and cut paper cutting, is one of the most popular fold and cut methods that people like to make stars, flowers.
The 5-sided folding method is a little challenge compared to the 4-sided fold and cut. But don't worry, in this page I will show you step-by-step how to fold and cut.
5-sided fold and cut will have 10 layers paper together, so the cutting should be a little bid harder than the 4 sided (8 layers) cuttings.
The picture below shows you how to fold the paper. Remember always fold the colored side of the paper inside, if your paper is colored on one side. You will draw the pattern on the white side.
- The pictures show below to fold the squared paper into triangle shape from the opposite angle follow the dashed line.
- Then fold the paper and make a center mark at the long side of the triangle.
- Fold it again as the pictures show below.
- Fold the left part to the right, they should stay in line.
- After you finish the folding, it should be look like this.
Don't worry if your folding is different, you just need a few more practice, and you will get it.
Find the pattern that you would like to cut, print the pattern as much as you like, they are free to download.
Cut the pattern:
- After you print the pattern, you can also make the pattern bigger to fit your cutting, cut it out as the picture shows below.
- You can draw the pattern onto your paper, or you can put the pattern on the folded paper.
Note: Keep the center and the folded paper center in the same direction.
- Then use a pencil to trace the pattern onto the folded paper.
Cut the folded paper:
- Now use the sissors and start cutting your paper. Always cut the inside lines first.
- And then cut the outside line(s) last.
- This picture shows you the cutting you just finished.
- Be careful when you open it, because it can be torn easily.
- Now Enjoy your beautiful paper-cutting.
How to Make a 4-Sided Fold And Cut
4-Sided Fold and Cut Patterns
5-Sided Paper Folding and Cut Patterns
Snowflakes (6-Sided Paper) Folding and Cut Patterns
8 Sided Fold and Cut Patterns
We love to invite you to
Show Off Your Paper-Cutting Pictures!!
If you or your kids have cut a piece of paper-cutting that you want to share,
everyone would love to know about it!
Go to Tong's Paper Cutting Home Page
Go to Butterfly Cross Gifts Online
Go to Paper Cutting Tools And Supplies